How to Mixxx Stream Setup
- Type: Select the type of streaming server you want to connect with.
- Host: You can enter the host as either a host name or an IP address.
- Login: As provided by your streaming server provider. Without this, you will not connect successfully to the server. The default password for Icecast is source while the default password for Shoutcast is admin.
- Mount: A mount point is a unique name identifying a particular stream. For Shoutcast it is not necessary to specify a mount point. The setting must not be blank if you are using Icecast. Try the default /mount or /live. If you haven’t been given a specific mount point you can usually make one up. It always begins with a / (slash) followed by a text without any special characters in it.
- Port: As provided by your streaming server provider. Most servers use the default port 8000.
- Password: As provided by your streaming server provider, unless you run your own radio server. It is required to establish the connection to the server and to start the broadcast.
Do not enter a URL as the host! http://example.com:8000 does not work. Use example.com in the Host field and 8000 in the Port field instead.
IF YOU NEED MORE HELP PLEASE CLICK TO THIS LINK ADDRESS: MIXXX Official address